Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Working with MAC and with Airport Extreme

By Cindy Wardle (Durham, NC)
So just got the TRENDnet SecurView Wireless Internet Surveillance Camera TV-IP110W. I used a PC laptop to actually run the setup. Both connected to airport extreme with ethernet cables to get everything set up properly. Even on your local network you can view the camera using Safari on the MAC by typing the IP address you assigned it in the browser.

1. Establish a static IP address for camera aside from default.
2. Change Port from default of 80 to (XXXX)
3. Got on MAC opened Airport Utilities to manually make settings for porting so I can view over the internet.
4. Manual Setup
5. Internet tab
6. NAT
7. Enable NAT Port Mapping
8. Configure, add a new, PUBLIC TCP: XXXX (same as what you set up on camera)
9. Private IP Address: (static IP address you gave camera)
10 Private TCP Port XXXX same as above
11. Continue, give a description - camera, done, update airport.

When you go to access over the internet you have to enter your public IP address assigned by router. You can easily test this by googling open port testing. This will tell you your IP address and if your port XXXX is open. If open go to browser and type [...] I had a friend test it from their house and it asked for user name and password. once I gave it to them they were able to see what my security camera was looking at.

I haven't actually set up the wireless part yet but I was so excited to finally get this thing to work over the internet outside my local network I had to share it. I'm sure setting up the wireless using the WPA key will be simple enough. I got this camera for a simple home security camera to see what was going on at my house while I was at work and this is going to work great!

1 comment:

  1. According to the information provided by Lloyd Security, this company offers residential and commercial security sales and installation. And also provide full service design and monitoring, medical alert systems, camera systems, safe rooms etc.
    Home security systems MN

    ReplyDelete